From midnight tomorrow, the Irish government will move the public into the highest level of restrictions. Currently, they are set to last for six weeks – but will be reviewed after four.
New rules include:
- The public are being asked to stay at home
- People restricted to exercising within a 5km limit of their homes
- No social gatherings allowed in homes or gardens. Visits only allowed for caring purposes or on compassionate grounds
- Many non-essential shops to close
- Bars and restaurants limited to takeaway service.
However schools will remain open and elite sporting events are able to take place. Taoiseach Mícheál Martin dubbed the restrictions ‘Europe’s strictest regime’
The Irish Dental Association (IDA) today confirmed that dental clinics will remain open as essential services.
Both patients and staff are allowed to travel further than 5km from their home to go to the practice.